Therapy can offer you so much during you fertility, pregnancy journey whatever stage you may be at.
National Fertility Awareness Week is Monday 31st October to Sunday 6th November 2016. It is your week; save the dates now and please join us in raising awareness of the couples who struggle to become parents.
Fertility issues are all too often misrepresented and misunderstood. It’s common for media attention to be focused on stereotypes of fertility struggles: the 30 – or 40 – something career woman who’s left it too late; the against-the-odds IVF success story or the woman who’s apparently easily come to terms with childlessness – but this is far from the real picture.
During National Fertility Awareness Week we aim to highlight the unseen, intimate and day-to-day reality of fertility issues, to overturn commonly-held misconceptions about fertility and to shine a spotlight on untold fertility stories.
‘In the UK, 1 in 6 couples experience the pain fertility issues bring. Even if you don’t have direct experience, you probably know someone who does – a family member, friend or work colleague. We hope people will join in, raise funds and help change perceptions about fertility issues.’
The five focus areas for this year’s media campaign are:
- The myth of the middle-aged would-be-mum: fertility issues in your 20s and early 30s
- The truth about fertility treatment: IVF fails 75 per cent of the time; what is it like to face multiple rounds of treatment?
- The hidden half: men are just as likely as women to suffer from fertility issues
- Facing up to childlessness: coming to terms with childlessness is too often portrayed as a straightforward process when the reality is far from that
- Life after successful IVF: the taboo of secondary infertility and can life as the parent of an IVF miracle ever be normal?
- So what are we asking of you? Quite simply help us to raise awareness and raise funds so we can continue to help and support The Hidden Faces campaign
This years campaign asks- Fertility in 5
#NFAWUK #HiddenFace #fertilityin5
In 5 words describe your how you feel about your journey so far, your fertility, and struggles- send them to us
Email Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org or call clinic
Natural therapy clinic Farnham and welll4ever Putney are full supporters of National Fertility Awareness week
I am happy to offer a free telephone consultation is you would like to discuss how therapy can help you, also offering a taster session into relaxation for £25(including cd/download)